Scalatra 2.6.0 is out
The Scalatra team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.6.0 of the framework. Noteworthy upgrades include new validation framework named scalatra-forms.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Upgrade libraries and Jetty version
- Remove all deprecated classes and methods which had been marked before 2.5.x
- Adopt Twirl as the default template engine (g8 template has been updated to use Twirl in default)
- Drop grizzled-slf4j dependency and use slf4j directly in Scalatra
HttpServletResponse.setStatus(Int, String)is deprecated
- Deprecate Swagger 1.x support and merge scalatra-swagger-ext with scalatra-swagger
- Deprecate scalatra-commands and introduce scalatra-forms instead
- Deprecate scalatra-spring
- Drop scalatra-fileupload because it has been already deprecated since 2.1.0
- Merge request logging utility in scalatra-slf4j with core
All deprecated features in 2.6.0 will be dropped in 2.7.0 or 3.0.0. We have a plan to move http4s in Scalatra 3.0.0. Deprecation of features intends reducing maintenance cost and make it easy to renew architecture of Scalatra in 3.0.0.
Thanks to all committers and contributors!